“If it’s 3am then I’m writing.”
I say this often because it is my life, so during a recent fit of nightly writing-induced-insomnia, I began thinking about this great quote by James Michener,
“If your book doesn’t keep you up nights when you are writing it, it won’t keep anyone up nights reading it. “
But with hours of writing comes even more hours of editing. This of course equals a need for caffeinated beverages. Needing a break from all of this work I decided to craft (like any great procrastinator would).
I decided to make this cups for readers, inspired by this $49.99… If you still want to buy one their are more affordable options that are only $15.99- which is still more expensive than making one and not nearly as much fun!
Here’s how I made mine:
- Oven or microwave
- Felt tipped permanent marker
- Two mugs or ceramic weight tea cups (a strong enough mug to handle being microwaved or put in the oven)
- A quote or design of your choosing
- Baking sheet or plate
- Pot holder
- Optional: wipe off/dry erase marker
- If you are using a wipe off/dry erase marker grad that and your mug and practice you design or writing your quote
- If you want to use an oven, preheat it to 325 degrees Fahrenheit/177 degrees Celsius
- Write you quote or design with the felt tipped permanent marker
- Place on cookie sheet or plate
- If you are using an oven cook it for 30 minutes. If you are using a microwave cook on high of 5 minutes.
- Remove the cup with a pot holder and allow to cool and set overnight
- To make it dishwasher safe repeat steps 4 through 6
- Fill with your favorite beverage and enjoy or fill with sweets and wrap it up as a holiday gift!
This is how my came out:
PS. I post new poems, books and more everyday on Instagram